Breast ShapingDecember 9, 2022 2022-12-09 9:24
Get Your Surgery Done By India's Top Doctors
What is Breast Shaping Surgery
A breast lift is a surgical procedure performed by a plastic surgeon to change the shape of the breasts. During a breast lift, a plastic surgeon removes excess skin and reshapes breast tissue to raise the breasts. A breast lift is also known as mastopexy.
Breasts change with age. They often lose firmness. And they become less elastic, which means the skin doesn’t snap back into place after being stretched. There are many causes for these kinds of breast changes, including:
- Pregnancy. During pregnancy, the bands of tissue that support the breasts (ligaments) might stretch. This happens as the breasts get fuller and heavier. The stretching might cause sagging breasts after pregnancy. This may happen whether or not you breastfeed your baby.
- Weight changes. Changes in weight can cause the breast skin to stretch. It also can cause breast skin to become less elastic.
- Gravity. Over time, gravity causes ligaments in the breasts to stretch and sag.
What We Offer In General Surgery
At first, you’ll talk to a plastic surgeon about a breast lift. During your first visit, your plastic surgeon will likely:
Review your medical history. Be prepared to answer questions about current and past medical conditions. That includes whether you have a family history of breast cancer.
Share the results of any mammograms or breast biopsies. Talk about any medications you’re taking or have taken recently, as well as any surgeries you’ve had.
Do a physical exam. To determine your treatment options, the surgeon will examine your breasts — including the position of your nipples and areolae.
The surgeon will also consider the quality of your skin tone. Breast skin that has good tone will hold the breasts in a better position after a breast lift. The surgeon may take pictures of your breasts for your medical record.
- Discuss your expectations. Explain why you want a breast lift. Be clear about how you want your breasts to look after the procedure. Make sure you understand the risks and benefits, including scarring and changes in nipple or breast sensation.
Before a breast lift you might also need to:
- Schedule a mammogram. Your surgeon might recommend a baseline mammogram before the procedure. You may also need another mammogram a few months afterward. This will allow your medical team to see changes in your breast tissue and interpret future mammograms.
- Stop smoking. Smoking decreases blood flow in the skin and can slow the healing process. If you smoke, it’s important to stop smoking before surgery.
- Avoid certain medications. You’ll likely need to avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements, which can increase bleeding.
- Arrange for help during recovery. Make plans for someone to drive you home after surgery and stay with you as you begin to recover. You might need someone to help you with daily activities, such as washing your hair, during your initial recovery.
- Be at a healthy weight. Consider making dietary changes or doing an exercise program to assist with weight loss if you’ve gained weight in the past year.
Pharmascope's Special Surgeon
More than 15+ years of experience in medical industry...
Dr Binod Samal, A Passionate Pure Cure Surgeon Has Been Providing World Class Surgical Expertise With A Single Objective To Work For The Welfare Of the Patient.
He has completed his MBBS and MS from the top prior medical college in India. Along with that he has successfully treated more than 10,000 patients in past a few years.
- Doctor’s Specialization – (M.B.B.S, M.S. Consultant Surgeon)
- Doctor’s Qualification (All Degrees & Colleges) – M.B.B.S.& M.S
Our Progress Since 2012
Connect With Top Doctors Now Get FREE Consultation Now